Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years Weekend


The 100th Ultra Cake


Ean Jackson - 100 Ultra Marathons and the cake.


Celebrating the finish of the 100th Ultra with Champagne.


Neil at the finish of the 50km New Years Day Run - it was wet!!


The starting photo of the New Years Day Run - big crowd!


New Years Eve Neil and I spent the night in downtown Vancouver. We arrived a couple of hours before the shops closed and managed some power shopping on Robson Street. I was in desperate need of a new pair of road runners and found just what I was looking for in the Nike Store. Nike Pegasus, a neutral, very nicely cushioned road shoe. I don't do a lot of road running but Neil had signed us up for the Fat Ass Club's 50km run on New Years Day which contains quite a bit of road. This was going to be a first for me - an organized run on New Years Day?? 50km?? I really wasn't keen to do such a distance. A running buddy Wendy and I opted to do 2 hours on the course which consisted of some trails in Stanley Park and the sea wall around the park. Club Fat Ass allows you to be flexible with your distance and you then call it a "custom". The 20km custom was enough for me on New Years Day in the pouring rain. Neil and other brave folks carried on to complete the 50km's. Maybe next year I will be more focused to do the entire distance. On January 2nd we ran close to home for about one hour and today we rode our bikes on the dykes in Pitt Meadows. Overall we were quite active over the Christmas season. We enjoyed being home this year hosting Christmas. Last night we finished off the season with a friends party at our home. About 20 people came to celebrate the year. One of the runners - Ean Jackson just completed his 100th Ultra Marathon on New Years Day. I'm only at 27 - I better get out there!!
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment