Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Marcothon

It is half way through the month of December and therefore half way through the Marcothon. As we all know, December is a busy month. The Marcothon challenges you to run every day in December for 25 minutes. Now that doesn't seem like much but trust me at this busy time of year it is tricky! It does not include other activities or classes nor can you do more one day and hope it counts for the next day. You miss a day and you are out! Marco from Scotland was a smart guy who created this challenge.
 I have participated in the Marcothon the last few years successfully and so far so good again this year. I have had to be creative some days this year such as running up and down our drive way for 25 minutes when the ground was covered in a couple of inches of snow and the road was too icy to run safely on. Another challenge is when the Christmas parties are after work parties. A quick change into the running gear and then back into the party outfit. Some days I bring my running gear to work to hopefully get out at lunch but that never seems to happen. Neil tries every year but usually misses a day mid week when work and the farm overtake the day and night - which happened about day 2 this year. We are half way and personally for me I am past the busiest part of the month. Whew!
 
Fergus checking out the Christmas Tree.
We attended the Vancouver Canucks game last night vs the Boston Bruins. Great game - Vancouver won 6-2!

Fergus is helping me with the Marcothon - today Neil, Fergus and I ran for 1 hr 45 minutes on the sea wall - an out and back. Tonight we went up Grouse Mtn hoping for some snow shoeing but the snow is not quite ready for this. They were night skiing on the groomed runs but we need a little more snow for the snow shoe trails.
 
Good Luck to all participating in the Marcothon! We are half way there. 

2 comments:

  1. Well done Carolyn. I'm working hard to keep up with the toughest girl I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VDM, you are doing very well! Today I ran 2x's plus did a Yoga class. I'm loving the Marcothon! Keep going...

    ReplyDelete