Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Memory - a Sureal Moment!


Neil and I were just having a laugh about a "moment". After we had finished the WHW (almost 32 hours out there!) we checked into our accommodation which was about 40 minutes away at the "Abbey" in Fort Augustus. We had booked the flat for 4 nights - Sat - Tuesday. We arrived Sunday AM just after 9AM and the lady who greeted us said" I was expecting you last night!" Well....so were we somewhere in the early AM but here we are now!!!We had not changed our clothes or anything. Mrs. Canning proceeds to take us to show us the flat. It just happens to be at the top of the abbey...5 floors up as we hobble up the stairs to find our flat. Once in the flat Mrs. Canning was very kind to show us the details of the flat. I recall "swaying" in the kitchen as she was showing me how to operate the dishwasher, washing machine/dryer. I was doing my best to be polite but all I could think about was how much I must smell and all I wanted to do was put my feet up and have a bath. I noted that Neil was not in sight...later I asked where he was and he said sleeping on top of the bed! The flat slept 6 and proved very helpful as once we were done our crew could come and go as required. The next day when we were all cleaned up we asked Mrs. Canning a question and she did not recognize us and asked us for the ID of our flat!
Confirmation that check-in was a bit of a blurr for all of us!!

We really enjoyed our stay!!
Carolyn and Neil


No comments:

Post a Comment