Thursday, August 14, 2014

More Summertime Activities!

On the Grouse Grind - Neil bought me the shirt at the beginning of the season. It's amazing how many people on the trail think I work for the Grouse Grind, or think they will be given a shirt when they are done. Nope - I tell them they can buy them at the top. The Grouse Grind is a 2.9 kilometre trail up the face of Grouse Mountain. The elevation gain is 2,800 feet (853 meters) with a total number of stairs to now be 2,830.  We've climbed the trails up Grouse Mtn in the last few weeks. They all have the same elevation gain of 853 meters! The BCMC and the Flint and Feather both have less traffic than the Grouse Grind. I think my favourite for the "work-out" is the Grind, my favourite for the steepness and more technical terrain is the Flint and Feather. The BCMC is a great one to avoid the crowds on the Grind at popular times. They are all very good for us!!
 
I've been enjoying doing at least 2 activities per day this summer. That may include a combination of many things. For example, a Spin Class and a Run or a bike ride and a hike up the Grouse Grind. Some days have had 3 or 4 activities. A Spin Class, Run, Grouse Grind and a TRX Class - now that is the best Summertime Day!
This week Neil and I also did a climb up the Flint and Feather Trail on Grouse with Dave, Chris and Kendall. This is Chris and myself climbing up the Flint and Feather Trail.
The Flint and Feather trail offers a wee bit of rock scrambling near the top which is fun. Here's Chris!
I'm loving my new Rack Attack Bike Rack on my car. From the farm, I can now head out for spontaneous bike rides on my own. The condo has bikes for easy access to the seawall and trails. It's a good summer!
 
Hope you are enjoying your summertime too!


No comments:

Post a Comment